UNION FOUR BALL BETTER BALL COMPETITION
Sponsored by Kelcol Bedding
Venue: Crosland Heath Golf Club
Date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Click here for a downloadable and printable file of the rules
Competition Format - Four-ball Better Ball Stableford over 18 holes with Full handicap allowance. The handicap limit is 20 and higher handicaps will be reduced to this limit.
Each Member Club may enter a maximum of three teams, except that the top three clubs in the previous year’s competition may enter four teams – West End (Halifax), Willow Valley & Queensbury.
In accordance with Rule 8 in Section 1 of the Rules and regulations relating to competitions and matches
- Team Championships & Union Four Ball Championship
- Clubs must submit the names and handicaps of the players in their teams to the Competition Secretary no later than 12 noon on the Monday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place.
- Player’s names must be in the same format as that in which they are held on the computerised handicapping system at their Home Club
- If a club fails to submit details by the prescribed time, its team(s) will not be permitted to take part in the Championship to which that failure relates.
- Starting Sheets for each Championship will be emailed to clubs and also posted on the Union’s Web Site on the Tuesday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place
- For the purposes of creating Starting Sheets for Team Championships, players from each team, with minor exceptions, will be placed in consecutive matches in ascending handicap sequence.
The team returning the lowest score will receive a trophy to hold for a year.
Vouchers will be given to the teams who return the four lowest scores.
The trophy presentation will take place immediately after the completion of the competition or on a suitable date at the winners home club. Vouchers will be forwarded to the Members Club Secretary or Professional.
Please forward your team names and handicaps to arrive no later than NOON on Monday August 19th 2019 to email@example.com
Entries received after this deadline will not be entered into the draw
Roy D Lofts
15, Goldfields Close,
Telephone Home 01422 373708 or Mobile 07791 170535
Go to top