HANDICAP TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
JACK SYKES TROPHY
Venue: Meltham Golf Club
Date: Sunday 9th June 2019
Click here for a downloadable and printable file of the rules
Competition Format - 18 holes stroke play off scratch
Each Member Club may enter one team of 4 Players.
Handicap limits are:
- 1 player not less than 6 handicap
- 1 player not less than 9 handicap
- 1 player not less than 12 handicap
- 1 player not less than 15 handicap
In accordance with Rule 8 of the Rules and Regulations relating to Competitions and Matches;
- Team Championships & Union Four Ball Championship
- Clubs must submit the names and handicaps of the players in their teams to the Honorary Secretary no later than 12pm on the Monday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place.
- Player’s names must be in the same format as that in which they are held on the computerised handicapping system at their Home Club
- If a club fails to submit details by the prescribed time, its team(s) will not be permitted to take part in the Championship to which that failure relates.
- Starting Sheets for each Championship will be emailed to clubs and also posted on the Union’s Web Site on the Tuesday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place
- For the purposes of creating Starting Sheets for Team Championships, players from each team, with minor exceptions, will be placed in consecutive matches in ascending handicap sequence.
For the purposes of determining eligibility, handicaps will be those that are applicable as at 9.00am on the Monday prior to the weekend on which the competition is to be played. Subsequent adjustments will not affect eligibility and Players’ handicaps on the day of the competition will be used to determine the lowest individual net score.
The team that returns the lowest aggregate gross score will hold the Jack Sykes Trophy for a year.
Vouchers will be given to each member of the teams that return the two lowest aggregate gross scores and the Player who returns the lowest individual net score.
Competitors are respectfully reminded to comply with the host clubs dress code.
The trophy presentation will take place on the day immediately after the completion of the competition or a suitable date at the winner’s home club. Vouchers will be forwarded to the Members Club Secretary or Professional.
Please forward your team names and handicaps and EGU ID numbers to arrive no later than NOON on Monday June 3rd to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries received after this deadline will not be entered into the draw
Roy D Lofts, HHDUGC, Competition secretary
15 Goldfields Close, Greetland, Halifax, HX4 8LD
Telephone Home 01422 373708 or Mobile 07791 170535