SCRATCH TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Sponsored by Glenbrae Finest British Knitwear
Venue: Halifax Golf Club
Date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Click here for a downloadable and printable file of the rules
Each Member Club may enter one team of 3 Players.
Entry is subject the requirements as set out in Rule 8 of the Rules and regulations relating to competitions and matches;
- Team Championships & Union Four Ball Championship
- Clubs must submit the names and handicaps and EGU ID numbers of the players in their teams to the Competition Secretary no later than 12 noon on the Monday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place – 22nd July 2019.
- Any entries received after this deadline will not be entered into the draw.
- Player’s names must be in the same format as that in which they are held on the computerised handicapping system at their Home Club
- If a club fails to submit details by the prescribed time, its team(s) will not be permitted to take part in the Championship to which that failure relates.
- Starting Sheets for each Championship will be emailed to clubs and also posted on the Union’s Web Site on the Tuesday prior to the weekend on which the Championship is due to take place
- For the purposes of creating Starting Sheets for Team Championships, players from each team, with minor exceptions, will be placed in consecutive games in ascending handicap sequence.
Competition Format - Stroke play over 18 holes
The team that returns the lowest aggregate gross score will hold the ‘Founders Trophy’ for a year.
Vouchers will be given to each member of the teams that return the two lowest aggregate gross scores,
The Team that returns the lowest aggregate Handicap (maximum of 8 allowed) score will hold the Scratch Team Championship Net Trophy for a year.
Competitors are respectfully reminded to comply with the host clubs dress code. Prize winners are expected to wear a jacket and tie for the presentation. The presentation will take place immediately after the competition in the clubhouse.
Prizes will be withheld from clubs or individuals who do not attend (or send a representative to) the presentation.
Please forward your team names, EGU ID numbers and handicaps to arrive no later than NOON on Monday 22nd July 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy D Lofts, HHDUGC, Competition secretary
15 Goldfields Close, Greetland, Halifax, HX4 8LD
Telephone Home 01422 373708 or Mobile 07791 170535